The Tour - Bridgewater
Thursday, July 11
You are invited to join us for a day of fun choosing from a 83 km road ride, a 43 km road ride or a 25 km trail ride along the Bay to Bay Rail Trail which runs between Mahone Bay and Lunenburg (look for the new forest art along the trail). If cycling isn't for you, join us on a 3 km Heart and Stroke walk. The events are designed for all ages and abilities. A free Heartland t-shirt is provided. Children events are also planned at Ship Yards Landing running from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm and include draws for several bikes.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE RIDERS LUNCH ON THE WHARF
Nominal fee of $10/person for Lunenburg Wharf Lunch.
If you have taken part in our Bridgewater/Mahone Bay/Lunenburg Heartland Tour ride in the past, you have experienced the amazing lunch that our long-time partner The Old Fish Factory has supplied riders/participants for Free.
- As participation in the Heartland Tour has grown so significantly (that’s a great thing) the costs of providing the free Lunenburg Wharf lunch has become excessive.
- A nominal $10/person fee will be in place this year to help with the costs.
- 100% of the proceeds will go to paying for the food to feed our hungry riders/participants.
How to make sure you can join us for lunch on the Lunenburg Wharf
- This year, our online registration process, will ask you to register for a ride of your choice indicating if you wish to purchase the $10/person Lunenburg Wharf lunch or if you wish to register without the lunch - your choice.
- If you indicate that you wish to enjoy the lunch, please bring $10 in cash with you to the morning check-in/registration at Bridgewater or Mahone Bay.
- Restaurant staff will be at all registration sites to collect the lunch fee and issue a wrist band indicating you have chosen the meal option.
- This will help avoid delays on the wharf at lunch time.
This fantastic lunch on the wharf experience, still represents a major financial and effort contribution to the Heartland Tour by a local small business.
We know you will understand and continue to appreciate this support.
In case you decide not to purchase the lunch, please plan on joining us on the Lunenburg wharf and enjoy the scenery and the company.
Shipyards Landing, King St., Bridgewater (along the LaHave River.) - start of 83 km Road Ride, Heart & Stroke Walk & Children's Field Events
8:00 am - Check-in & registration (please register online to help us with planning and to reduce line-up time)
9:00 am - Official Opening
9:15 am - Road ride (83 km) Download MAP
9:15 am - Heart and Stroke walk ( 3 km)
Mahone Bay Centre - School St., Mahone Bay - 25 km Trail Ride
9:00 am - Check-in & registration (please register online to help us with planning and reduce line-up time)
10:00 am - Official Opening
10:15 am - Trail Ride (25 km) on the Bay to Bay Trail
Mahone Bay - Three Churches parking lot - 43 km Road Ride
9:00 am - Check-in & registration (please register online to help us with planning and to reduce line-up timee)
10:15 am - Road Ride (43 km) Download MAP
Children's Field Events at Shipyards Landing, King St., Bridgewater
12:30 pm - Registration
1:00 pm - Field Events start
3:30 pm - Bike draws and closing comments